LEAD ENVIRONMENT 3D ARTIST
Black Shamrock is looking for a lead environment artist to help us create kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a motivated and efficient 3D artist familiar with environment pipelines and all aspects of assets creation, lighting and composition to join our talented art team.
What you will be doing
- Work in tandem with our Art Director to establish an iconic look for our world within the challenging parameters set forth by our game designers.
- Work with our technical artist to establish an efficient environment content pipeline, and identify possible needs and tools necessary to keep environment asset creation as streamlined as possible
- Estimate workload, suggest planning and set priorities for the art team
- Assist in the production of graphic assets & level art according to the project’s needs
- Produce high-quality lighting and shadowing effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints
- Know the game’s storyline and gameplay (game design documents) and adjust the work to reflect these elements
- Guarantee the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time
- Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues
- Anticipate production needs
What you should have
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the games industry
- Previous experience as a Level Artist in the video game production (modeling / texture, level art / characters)
- Good understanding of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems
- Experience in team management
- Highly proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Zbrush
- Knowledge of the technical constraints relating to 3D engines and level editors
- You are able to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Ability to understand and solve problems
- Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise
- Ability to work in a team, with good leadership skills
- Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions
- Well Organized
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have (Behance, Sketchfab, Artstation, Vimeo, Github).