LEVEL DESIGNER / BUILDER
Black Shamrock is looking for a level designer to help us create an immersive kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a skilled and talented designer to work closely with our fantastic creative team and to contribute building an awesome player experience.
What you will be doing
- Create and improve game levels and worlds to ensure optimum playability
- Work closely with a Lead Level Designer and support him in any additional tasks and duties.
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to design gameplay elements according to the design and creative vision of the project
- Make sure your level is compliant with the technical constraints and check on a regular basis if the level is functional on all platforms
- Create the level layouts (simplified level geometry) in collaboration with the level artists
- Collaborate with quality control teams as part of the debugging process by sharing relevant information, coordinating issue responsibility and resolving any reported issues
What you should have
- Great understanding of values of the level design philosophy behind action adventure games.
- Innovative, creative and strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work within in a team
- Create and maintain documentation of design solutions.
- Game scripting experience is a plus.
- Great organizational and communication skills (English)
- Attention to detail.
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have (Behance, Sketchfab, Artstation, Vimeo, Github).