Black Shamrock is looking for a talented Narrative Designer to help create a kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a highly skilled person to handle the narrative aspect of the game and to work with our team towards building an awesome player experience.
What you will be doing
- Building the narrative structure of the game and outlining the details of the story and characters
- Writing and composing cut-scenes and narrative sequences
- Formalizing documents, updating the narrative structure and its implementation, according to the principles established by the Game Designers.
- Describing narrative situations, creating documents defining their content and role in the course of the game
- Participating in the development of specific features, assets, narrative/scripted events, as well as in their implementation and debug
- Throughout the production, make necessary changes on narrative systems and scripted events according to feedback, to provide a consistent narrative experience and the desired player experience
- Using our internal tools to design, integrate and debug specific features and assets for the narrative events
What you should have
- At least 2 years game / narrative design experience in the games industry.
- You understand the gameplay elements and how they impact the story
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player
- Innovative, creative and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong Game Design or Level Design skills
- Ability to put oneself in the player’s shoes
- Ability to work under production pressure and deadlines
- Great organizational skills
- Native English speaker
- Attention to detail
- A collaborative nature and desire to perfect team work
- A good sense of humour and a flair for the absurd
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have.