SENIOR LEVEL DESIGNER
Black Shamrock is looking for an experienced level designer to help us create an immersive kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a highly skilled and efficient designer to work closely with our fantastic creative team and to contribute building an awesome player experience.
What you will be doing
- Create and improve game levels and worlds to ensure optimum playability
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to design gameplay elements according to the design and creative vision of the project
- You know perfectly the Level Design process from block-out to final balancing tweaks and events management.
- Share knowledge within the team and mentor junior level designers
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating engaging level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or play styles
- Manage priorities and produce realistic time estimations
- Create improved document frameworks or templates for the level design team and update any relevant documentation as part of the design process
- Collaborate with quality control teams as part of the debugging process by sharing relevant information, coordinating issue responsibility and resolving any reported issues
- Anticipate production needs
What you should have
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the games industry is mandatory
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal, Unity, etc), using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline
- Experience in team management, in either a team lead role or mentoring junior designers
- Proven ability to work at many levels, from high level concepts to detailed design implementation and balancing
- You are able to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively
- Create and maintain documentation of design solutions
- Ability to understand and solve problems
- Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise
- Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have (Behance, Sketchfab, Artstation, Vimeo, Github).