Black Shamrock is looking for an experienced programmer to help create kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a pragmatic and efficient coder familiar with the aspects of game development that will be a key addition to our talented and passionate team.
What you will be doing
- Develop and implement features and systems related to video game development like gameplay, AI, Audio, Networking, Physics/Motion etc
- Work independently on one or several modules of the game
- Action RPG based on a famous IP - Core gamer
- Identify missing details in feature requests and can break down the tasks into parts that can be implemented and tested
- Helps to enforce best coding practices in the team
- Take critical technical decisions during the development process
- Work closely with Game Designers, Artists and Project Manager
- Deliver high performance, high-quality code
- Prioritize and execute tasks
- Anticipate production technical needs
What you should have
- Strong C, C++, and object-oriented programming skills (Mandatory)
- At least 3 years experience in the games industry as a Game Programmer
- Must have shipped at least one game on console
- High aptitude and strong analytical skills
- Strong optimization skills on both memory and performance fronts
- Strong debugging skills
- Has knowledge of 3d mathematics
- Great knowledge of the technological and organizational aspects involved in developing successful state of the art AAA games.
- Ability to work both within a team and independently as per requirements from time to time
- Knowledge of low-level system architecture
- Console development background is a plus
- Agile development experience is a plus
- Good organizational and communication skills (English)
- Passionate about Gaming
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have (Behance, Sketchfab, Artstation, Vimeo, Github).