Black Shamrock is looking for a technical artist to help us create kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking an enthusiastic and efficient person to be the bridge between our creative artists and our talented programming team.
What you will be doing
- Implement technical art features and visual effects with the help of the programming team
- Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
- Constantly adapt and learn new technologies and processes to face production constraints
- Draft documents on tools, methods, processes and engine constraints for future reference
- Provide constant technical support for tools and the engine to all the team members
- Supervise the rendering of different part of the game, the integration and validation of graphic data in engine
What you should have
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the gaming industry
- Extensive knowledge of 2D&3D computer graphics software, game engines and platforms
- Experience on current and next-gen consoles
- Good knowledge and understanding of the video game (current gen) development processes and techniques
- Strong understanding of rendering budgets and other technical issues related to performance in real-time engines
- Experience collaborating with graphic programmers and mentoring artist
- Strong overall knowledge of 3DS Max (modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation)
- Great organizational and communication skills (English)
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have (Behance, Sketchfab, Artstation, Vimeo, Github).