Black Shamrock is looking for a UX/UI artist to work on our upcoming kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a motivated and talented designer to join and collaborate with our fantastic creative team.
What you will be doing
- You will develop concepts and the design of the game menus and user interfaces
- Work with the design team to determine the functionality and features of a User Interface
- Work closely with the programming team in order to implement assets into the game and verify the quality of said graphics once implemented
- Translate high-level gameplay ideas into visual functional UI designs
- Establish logical, readable UI solutions and usability strategies
- Layout and implement front-end flow designs
- Communicate ideas & concepts with international teams and stakeholders
- Design and implement interface systems specific to each platform while maintaining uniformity of visual and logical aspects
- Collaborate and participate with artists locally to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction
- Anticipate production needs
- Analyse game design documents and game flow to provide adapted UX and UI elements.
What you should have
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the video game industry at a similar position is mandatory.
- Be proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Flash
- Able to communicate UI/UX principles clearly with other teams
- Able to work with different art styles to reach desired aesthetic
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams
- Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
- You are autonomous, have a team spirit and a good relationship toward other team members
- Experience with game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity etc.) is a plus
- Experience with 3D tools (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max) is a plus
- Great organizational and communication skills (English)
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have (Behance, Sketchfab, Artstation, Vimeo, Github).