Black Shamrock is looking for a VFX artist to help us create a kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP (new production).
We are seeking a creative and efficient VFX artist to work closely with our talented team and to contribute to building an awesome visual player experience.
What you will be doing
- Designing realistic VFX from concept art and video references
- Creating and optimizing VFX in line with priorities, deadlines and technical constraints
- Ensuring the artistic quality of the VFX by respecting the direction given
- Working collaboratively with game designers and developers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements and communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the budgets of the engine
- Collaborating with Gameplay Programmers to ensure necessary VFX hooks are exposed for gameplay-related effects
- Developing shaders required by your VFX
- Fixing the bugs entered by testers
- Participating in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews
What you should have
- At least 1 year of experience in the games industry
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to produce realistic and natural real-time effects of high artistic and technical quality
- Good working knowledge of relevant 3D software such as 3ds Max, Blender, etc.
- Good understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials and post-processing
- Previous experience in game visual effects
- Knowledge of game editors (Unity, Unreal, etc.) is a required
- Ability to follow guidelines and deadlines
- Great organisational and communication skills (English)
- Full-time in-house position
- Central Dublin location
- Available as soon as possible
- Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Please use this form to apply for the position, do not hesitate to add as many external links as you have (Behance, Sketchfab, Artstation, Vimeo, Github).